Tuesday, February 2

Obsession Confession - Magazines & Catalogs

Hello, my name is Mallory and I am addicted to magazines...


I haven't done one of these in a while but you may remember that past confessions have included fat quarters and craft books. Today I would like to talk about another obsession of mine. I have tons of magazines and catalogs, it was honestly a small workout to gather all the magazines from their various locations around my house and get them all to my studio. I love looking through them, some are for keeping some are just for perusing and tearing out what I like before they hit the recycling bin. But, I love them all. In today's era of magazines folding faster than your husband after getting kicked in the junk, I cherish each of these issues and take my time devouring each page. I pull inspiration for new projects from the fashion and craft magazine and I love grabbing ideas for my house from the decor and shelter magazines.
Another great thing about magazines and catalogs is when they arrive in the mail. You know the scene in Billy Madison where Adam Sandler sings a song after finding out that it is nudie magazine day. Well, that is how I feel when a new issue of Martha Stewart Living hits my mailbox. I am also a sucker for the BH&G SIP publication at the check out counter of the grocery store or drug store. 100 decorating ideas - Great! Easy Storage Solutions - Fantastic! I am always sneaking those into my cart and it just gets added into the grocery bill so nobody needs to find out. I love my magazines and no matter what my husband says about this obsession I believe it is here to stay.

Are you also obsessed with magazines? Share your stories, it's ok to admit it!

0 comments: