Saturday, December 6

Obsession Confession: Craft Books

Here we go with confession number two. I am addicted to craft books. I love books in general but I have about 65 books that are just crafting books. They cover various topics from sewing to crochet, from purse projects to print making and of course a few general craft books. There are tons of books out there on knitting and crochet or scrapbooking and paper crafts but I find it can be hard to find new sewing craft books (maybe that's just because I already have them all).
I love looking through the books to get inspiration or try a pattern. I love using the basic idea of a project and then transforming it into something of my own creation. You can often find me in a book store or library (I can't get enough of the smell of a book store, you know what I'm talking about and you probably love it too, don't try to deny it). I love heading out to Barnes and Noble, picking up a stack of craft books and finding a chair or a corner to look through them all. Half the time I don't buy anything but I have an ongoing wish list on amazon of some of my favorites that I have seen.
My favorites, of course, are sewing crafts and purse pattern books, but I also enjoy the books written about the craft culture and individual crafters. A little peak inside their worlds always interests me, especially if there are pictures of their studios! I love hearing their stories about how they got started, what niche they found to work with and how they balance their artistic, work lives with their families and sometimes their "day job." Hearing these stories is always an inspiration and makes me think that it all could really work out someday.

Since I have this addiction and as long as there are new craft books coming out I don't think I will stop buying them anytime soon, I figured I can use it as a benefit. I am going to start doing reviews of all the books I have, I will try to do at least one or two a month. If you have any specifics you have seen out there and you want to know about them please let me know and I will check my personal library to see if I can give you my thoughts on it.

0 comments: