Sunday, December 21

Book Review - Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter

My first book review is on Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter. I bought this book right after it came out. I love Lotta's design, they are often very simple but her colors and patterns are always fun. This book has 24 projects broken down into 4 chapters: Cook, Go, Nest and Organize.
Of course I am drawn to the "Go" chapter that has a few tote projects. My favorite is the all-day tote. It is a pretty simple bag with great pockets and easy to make.

Some of my other favorite projects include the picnic placemat and the magazine holder. I have seen placemats and organizers before but her designs are a little unique and when she makes the items in her own fabric it makes me want it even more.
I love Lotta's style, from the small pencil drawings throughout the book to the font she uses for her title. I enjoyed looking through the book almost as much as I enjoyed making the projects. The book includes step-by-step instruction for each project, pattern templates, a fun list of resources and some general sewing tips, and it is spiral bound so it lays flat when you have it open to make a project, a big plus in my book.
Overall I enjoyed this book and it has some great ideas. I would say 3.5 out of 4 stars.
*photographs by Meiko Arquillos*

0 comments: