Sunday, January 31

Organizing my craft room

Although I said that I was going to have a very productive weekend in my studio last weekend I will confess that I did not. I went on a road trip to Pittsburgh instead. But this weekend is a whole different story. I am far from being done with the organizing process and showing you amazing before and after photos but I have a good start. Actually my studio looks like Martha Stewart threw up all over the place right now but I keep telling myself that it needs to get messy before it will be clean. So, I guess this is just a boring post to tell you that I did what I promised I was going to do, just a little later.

I will do the big reveal in a few weeks when I have time to make the room all shiny and beautiful, for now I will show you just two of the projects I am tackling. We moved into our new house about 7 months ago. I took over one of the extra bedrooms as my studio and while we were renovating the house I literally took most of my fabric and other crafty goodies and tossed them into a crawl space in my studio. Before this weekend it looked like this:

There is also a small closet where purses, bags, buttons and other items are being stored. It currently looks like this:
So, as you can see I have a lot of work ahead of me. After my cleaning process is complete I hope both spaces will look a bit more presentable.

0 comments: