Thursday, January 7

New Year's Resolutions

Well, it's January so I figured I would go ahead and post some of my new year's resolutions. I didn't post any last year but I'm pretty sure that most of these were on my list for 2009 so I hope that I do a better job in 2010 of getting a few of these taken care of.

1 - Spend more time in my sewing room - I don't have to be sewing or creating a specific project, just spending time in my creative space often inspires me and makes me happy in general. I spend too many days coming home from work, eating dinner and heading to the couch.

2 - Spend more time working in my sewing room - this is kind of part two of my first resolution - hopefully when I am spending all of the time in this room I will start doing some work as well. I already have two orders for the new year so I need to get cracking!

3 - Organize my sewing room - I have been living in my new house for about 7 months now so I need to get this room under control. I have A LOT of stuff but I should have enough room to store everything so I need to get organized so it will be easier to accomplish resolution #2. As you can see from the photos below - this room could definitely use some help.


4 - Blog more - of course, not much else needs to be said about this, I think it speaks for itself. (by the way it is the 7th day of the year and I'm already on my 2nd post - not too bad!)

5 - Apply for more craft shows - I have done three shows so far, two last year. This year I would like to attend a few shows in the spring and a few shows around the holidays.

6 - Spend more time on my Etsy store - pretty self explanatory - I can't sell items that aren't in the store, so I need to get them up there.

7 - Network more - I don't have many friends that sew or craft so I would like to meet a group of people who I can learn from and connect with in this industry. On this note, I can mention that I got word today that I have been accepted into the Etsy Team Columbus group so this resolution is off to a great start!

8 - Start working on my book ideas - like many people I have a few ideas for fun craft books. I would like to start working on researching these ideas and getting them written.

So in the spirit of resolution #2 I spent about an hour in my sewing room tonight organizing a few shelves and putting away a few Christmas presents. Speaking of presents, I got my mom's vintage Singer featherweight sewing machine as a gift this year. I was so excited to be able to call it mine - I have been lusting after it for years!

0 comments: