Monday, January 11

Who's the boss?


I went to the library today and got a big stack of books to give me some inspiration for the week and something to do while it continues to snow outside. Mostly just design and craft books but I also picked up a great business book called The Boss of You: Everything a Woman needs to know to start, run, and maintain her own business by Lauren Bacon and Emira Mears. I've been reading (and writing) for a few hours now, I am only on page 38 and I am already feeling more inspired than I have in a long while. I have read a few other books about small business marketed to crafters and women but for some reason this one is really clicking for me. You know how these books always tell you to make lists and think about what you want your business to be, well, I actually did that. I am writing lists and giving a lot of thought to my business and how I want it to be perceived by others and what I want it to be. So far I am really enjoying the book and hopefully this creative and inspirational mood will stick for a while so I can get through the book and get my business going this year!


As I was writing this post I googled the name of the book and found out they have a blog too! Now I know that I won't be able to get anything done at work tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mallory,

Thanks so much for your kind words about our book! It means a great deal to know that you're enjoying it & finding it helpful.

Not to totally screw with your work plans, but we're also on Twitter… @laurenbacon & @emiramears. :)

And we love hearing feedback, so if you have other thoughts as you work your way through, feel free to drop us a line.

Best of luck with your business planning!