Sunday, February 28

Lonny magazine

After admitting to my magazine obsession recently I have been taking a look at Lonny magazine and wondering if this is where the future of shelter magazines (or all magazines) is heading. Lonny magazine is created by a group of designers, writers, photographers and other creative folks who have come together, many of them where formerly at Domino magazine. Lonny magazine is completely online, no print versions available. You can virtually turn the pages and if you are interested in an ad, a website or something in the photo they are all hyperlinked so you can go directly to the site and read about or buy the product you are interested in. I think this is a wonderful idea, they don't have to worry about paper quality, printing costs or many of the other issues that come along with a printed magazine. The magazine is on its third issue and I am loving it so far. Great articles, awesome photography and it's free! You can't get much better than that.

So, if this is the future of magazines what is going to happen to my stash? I like this new magazine but I love having actual magazines in my hands. I don't think I'm ready to loose print magazines forever but in a world of blogs and twitter it seems that it may not be totally unrealistic. What are your thoughts on virtual magazines?

0 comments: