Thursday, November 6

Projects and Presents

I have been busy getting ready for Bazaar Bizarre. Trying to get myself organized and get a list together of what projects I need to make and which items I want at the show (easier said than done since this is my first craft show). With Thanksgiving coming up as well as my vacation to Charlotte, to visit my sister and her family, I don't have much time to work so I will have to use every spare moment I have. Which also means I should probably take a break from the Twilight series. I am almost done with the third book and I can't put them down. Everyone told me I would get sucked in and I definitely have. I think I will finish the third book this weekend and then only allow myself to read at night, after my sewing is finished. We will see how well that works out. I have a list of what I want done but I am also thinking about putting together a few little gift sets with two or three items together. Since people will be shopping for the holidays I figure this is a great way to sell more items.

On to the presents portion of the post! When I arrived home from Quilt Market last week (read my recap and see the pictures here and here) I was surprised by a wonderful gift from my amazing husband. He got me a beautiful Rowenta iron and a great new ironing board. It is so wonderful to work with. Now, there is a little story that goes along with these presents. I had a basic iron before I left for market but about a week before I left I ended up needing a new ironing board because in my rush to finish up a project I may have accidentally fused some interfacing to my ironing board instead of the fabric it was supposed to attach to. Not paying attention, the interfacing was upside down so then there was glue all over my ironing board and I had no time to go get a new cover. But, in the end it worked out very well for me. New ironing board and new iron! Husbands are great!
I have lots of work to do in the next few weeks and not too much time to get it all done but hopefully it will all come together in the end and I will have a great show. I hope to see lots of you there!

0 comments: