Saturday, October 25

Live from Quilt Market

Well, it has been a busy day but, of course, I have been having lots of fun. I got into Houston yesterday evening and went to dinner with everyone from the Alexander Henry Studio. It was fun to be able to catch up with them.


The show opened at 9:30 this morning. I was over at the AH booth around 9 to get all the information on their newest line and the sneak peak of next seasons line. It all looks amazing, did anyone really doubt them? I have several new favorites from their line a few of which I want a just to hang on my walls because they are so wonderful. They did a "White Autumn" scene in the wondershop this season and it looks great. This is a fun tree with fabric leaves at the Blank Quilting booth:
At my lunch hour I grabbed a quick snack and walked around for the rest of the time just admiring the booths and picking up brochures and magazines along the way. I talked to a few people here and there but mostly I just walked and looked at booths. I plan to try to talk to everyone tomorrow. I have seen a few people that I recognize from the blogging world walking around which is fun. I think it's funny how some of the fabric designers become kinda like celebrities at these events.

I did discover something very exciting....Timtex is back! A few months back the company announced that they were no longer making the heavyweight interfacing that is great for lots of purses and other crafts. But I was walking by the C&T Publishing booth and noticed a few little samples of it and talked to one of the employees. They have their own blog and you can get the whole Timtex story here.

Cool booth with lots of buttons an trims:

One of my favorite pattern designers, Indygo Junction:
A booth with cool vintage fabric and buttons:

Those are just a few pictures from some of the booths I saw. I will take more pictures tomorrow, I will try to post all my pictures on my picassa site tomorrow so you can see a little bit of Quilt Market for yourself. Let me know if you have any questions or booths you want to see pictures of. Talk to you soon!

0 comments: