Wednesday, October 15

My new "store"

This week I opened my own "store." Ok, it's not really a store but I have my own booth at a local craft mall. I have my own little spot that is about 5 feet high, 4 feet wide and about 3 feet deep. I pay a monthly rent and then they take care of all the rest. It's open 7 days a week and all I have to do is keep it stocked. Each night their sales are downloaded to a website so I can track my sales and see what I need to add to the booth. I signed a six month lease so we will see how it goes over the holiday season. I haven't done any craft shows yet so I think this is a good way to see what sells and what doesn't. Here are a few pictures of my booth, let me know what you think about my setup, any advice is always welcome.

I am thinking about moving the light to a lower shelf so that it actually lights up the booth rather than just sits at the top. Its only been a few days so I will just have to see how it goes.

I am off to watch the season finale of "Project Runway." I am so excited, I like all three of the finalists so it's hard for me to decide who I want to win it all, but I'm excited to see all the lines. I know everyone thinks Kenly is rude but I really like her. I spent the last two weeks getting inventory together for this little booth, and that gave me stress. I can't imagine designing a whole line to show at Bryant Park, I don't think I will ever need that kind of stress in my life. I think my goals of having my own booth at Quilt Market will give me enough stress.

0 comments: