Tuesday, October 28

Quilt Market Part II




Well, it’s all over. A bit sad but I had a great time. I tried to write earlier when I was at the airport but the Internet would not connect. I don’t really know where to start because I saw so much and talked to so many great people. The booth at AH was great, I had a great time with everybody there and loved catching up with all of them, hopefully I will see them again soon in
Pittsburgh for Spring Market.

I guess I will start by just going through some of my pictures and let you know what I saw. I stopped by Anna Maria Horner’s booth. It was so cute, I talked to her for a bit and bought her new book Seams To Me and had her sign it. She is really nice and easy to talk to. She let us know that she is expecting her 6th child this Spring. Congrats to Anna! I don’t know how she does it but she does and the new book is great, lots of inspiring projects and pictures. She also won an award for her booth!



I stopped by Amy Butler’s booth and it looked great, as usual. She was at lunch when I stopped by so I didn’t get to say hi but I saw her later on at the hotel and then we were on the same flight home. She is always great to talk to and super nice. She had great, inspiring projects all over her booth and some great photos.




Kim from True up was at the AH booth and I got to talk to her. She writes a blog that is all about fabric. I haven’t had a chance to really check it out yet but from what I have seen so far it looks pretty cool, I can’t wait to sit down and look through all the pictures. She has some great pics from Quilt Market too.


If you have never seen the patterns and stuffed animals from Melly & Me you need to head over to their website right now because they are some of the cutest things I have ever seen. They are an Australian company and have some really fun stuff. I bought two purse patterns from them and I have a few more patterns that I bought last year.


Another company with tons of great patterns is Indygo Junction. Their booth was really cute with lots of their projects made up. I talked to one of the designers later at AH and helped her pick out some fabrics that they might use in some of their future samples. They have a lot of great stuff, some cute accessories too like this necklace made out of buttons.

I walked around a lot, collected some business cards and saw a lot of great quilts, patterns and project ideas. If nothing else I always leave quilt market very inspired. You see so many people who have followed their dreams and worked their way to Quilt Market. All the people there with their little booths that they have been planning for months to get it just right. It makes me feel like it is not too far away, that maybe within the next five years I could be there with my own booth and my own patterns getting sold to the quilt stores around the country.

This is the aftermath of Quilt Market, after everyone has left for the day. It was a little after 8 when we were all done packing up our booth. It was a great weekend and I hope I can do it again in May!


0 comments: