Thursday, August 6

My favorite places...


Another one of my favorite places would have to be Ikea. I could literally spend days at this store. Honestly, if Anthropologie and Ikea had a baby I think I would pee my pants from excitement. I used to work in Burbank, CA and my office was only 2 minutes from Ikea and I would go there on my lunch break all the time just to walk around. I now live in Columbus, OH so I am an hour and a half from the closest store, but that is better than some folks so I can't complain too much. It is probably safer that I am not too close, they would have to kick me out for being an stalker or something. I don't need something like that on my record so I will settle for one or two visits a year.

Since we just bought our new house we have been to Ikea once to get some basics and I will happily be making the journey again this weekend. We don't need much furniture so my focus will be in the market place. The reason that Ikea and I make such a good pair is that I am SUPER cheap (my husband like to call me a tightwad, he finds it humorous). But, Ikea is also SUPER cheap - in a good way. So we are a match made in flat-packed, build it yourself heaven. I can't wait to see that big blue and yellow building come into view this weekend, I have started the countdown!

One more great Ikea fact - the 2010 catalog is out now, get your order in for one because in a few months they will be pretty hard to come by. I will be back next week with pictures of my wonderful journey!

0 comments: